DAILY METRO COVID19 PRESS UPDATE
Contact Name: Chris Song
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: June 2, 2020
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Mayor John Cooper’s office issued the following announcements regarding Metro’s citywide coronavirus (COVID-19) monitoring and response efforts in coordination with area hospitals, healthcare providers, medical colleges, and other community partners.
METRO PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Metro Public Health Department officials announced today a total number of 5,617 confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Nashville/Davidson County, an increase of 100 in the past 24 hours.
The confirmed cases range in age from 1 month to 100 years.
An additional death was reported in Davidson County, a 65-year-old man with underlying health conditions.
A total of sixty-four (64) people have died after a confirmed case of COVID-19. 4,237 individuals have recovered from the virus.
Available hospital beds: 28 percent
Available ICU beds: 26 percent
The MPHD COVID-19 Hotline received 177 calls on Monday, June 1, 2020.
Total number of cases: 5,617
Cases reported in the past 24 hours: 100
Cases by sex
Total Cases by age
|Total active cases||1,316|
|Total number of tests administered||Total positive results||Total negative results||Positive results as percentage of total|
Health officials remind everyone to take steps to stop the spread of germs like COVID-19. These include:
- Practice social distancing as defined by the CDC (6 feet of distance from others). Do not gather in groups larger than 25.
- Wear a cloth face covering when in a community setting, especially in situations where you may be near people. These face coverings are not a substitute for social distancing.
- Stay at home as much as possible. People over 65 years of age or whose health is at risk should remain at home unless absolutely necessary.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
# # #