Need Assistance?

Metro Services Take Action to Help

  • Metro Water has suspended cut-offs and will waive late fees until the end of April. Metro Water Services customers who have found themselves experiencing financial hardship may request a payment plan for outstanding balances by calling 615-862-4600.
  • Nashville Electric Service (NES) has suspended all disconnections for nonpayment and is waiving all late fees through May 31.
  • Piedmont Natural Gas has suspended all disconnections until further notice.
  • The Sheriff’s Office has suspended eviction notices until further notice.
  • All public transit systems remain fully operational.

United Way of Greater Nashville COVID-19 Response Fund

If you are experiencing financial hardship during the COVID-19 crisis, the United Way of Greater Nashville COVID-19 Response Fund may be able to help. Visit the Response Fund website for a list of nonprofits and partners that are helping with:

  • Rental/mortgage payments
  • Food
  • Utility Payments
  • Other financial assistance and support

Food Distribution: 

  • MNPS nutrition services and transportation teams are able to provide more than 22,000 breakfast and lunch meals across Davidson County a week and will continue to offer service on weekdays while school facilities are closed. Locations and times can be found online at
  • In addition to the previously announced meal pickup locations, YMCA and Camp Widjiwagan will be providing meals to children under 18 at the following locations from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on weekdays:
    • Camp Widjiwagan, 3088 Smith Springs Rd., Antioch, TN 37013
    • Donelson Middle School, 110 Stewarts Ferry Pike, Nashville, TN 37214
    • Margaret Maddox YMCA, 2624 Gallatin Pike, Nashville, TN 37216
  • Metro Nashville Public Schools will be distributing Second Harvest food boxes Wednesday, May 6, from 1-3 p.m., or while supplies last, at the following sites:
    • Antioch High School: 1900 Hobson Pike, Antioch, TN 37013
    • Glencliff High School: 160 Antioch Pike, Nashville, TN 37211
    • Haywood Elementary School: 3790 Turley Drive, Nashville, TN 37211
    • Hillwood High School: 400 Davidson Road, Nashville, TN 37205
    • McGavock High School: 3150 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214
    • YMCA Camp Widjiwagan: 3088 Smith Springs Road, Nashville, TN 37013
  • Additionally, in partnership with the Office of Mayor John Cooper, MNPS, Metro Parks and Second Harvest, food boxes will be available at the following Community Centers on May 6 from 1-3 p.m., or while supplies last:
    • Madison Community Center: 550 North Dupont Avenue Madison, TN 37115
    • Hartman Community Center: 2801 Tucker Road Nashville, TN 37218
    • Hermitage Community Center: 3720 James Kay Lane Hermitage, TN 37076
    • Looby Community Center: 2301 Metro Center Blvd. Nashville, TN 37228
  • Beginning May 7th food box distribution every Thursday 5:30 – 7:30 pm (while supplies last).
    • Pearl-Cohn & Westwood Baptist Church: 2510 Albion Street, Nashville 37208

Alzheimer’s Foundation of America

The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) toll-free hotline remains open to families impacted by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia illnesses during this time. With many care facilities, adult day care centers and other services closed for the time being, AFA is one of the only sources of information, support and guidance available.  This is especially important because the outbreak is causing many people, particularly higher-risk individuals such as senior citizens, to break from their normal routines and isolate.

The Toll-Free Helpline (866-232-8484) is open seven days a week and staffed entirely by licensed social workers who are trained in dementia care.

AFA is able to assist callers with topics/questions about combating isolation, keeping engaged, washing tips, caregiver stress, whether family members should visit during this time, items to have in the home, and more.

Families can connect with the AFA Helpline in any of the following ways:

  • Via phone by calling 866-232-8484
  • Web chat by visiting and clicking on the blue and white chat icon on the lower right-hand corner of the page
  • Sending a text message to 646-586-5283

The web and text chat features are available in more than 90 languages.


Tennessee Department of Human Services

TDHS programs and services to assist Tennesseans impacted by COVID-19:

  • For family assistance, visit here.
  • For child care assistance, visit here.
  • For accessing services and additional resources, visit here.

Emergency Cash Assistance: The Emergency Cash Assistance provides two monthly cash payments to families that were employed as of March 11, 2020 and have lost a job or at least 50% of their earned income due to the COVID-19 emergency:

  • $500 for a household of 1 to 2 persons.
  • $750 for a household of 3 to 4 persons.
  • $1000 for a household with 5 or more persons.

The household must include a child under the age of 18 or a pregnant woman, have a valid Social Security Number, must not have resources exceeding $2,000, and the gross and/or unearned monthly income may not exceed 85% of the State’s Median Income, currently:

  • Gross Monthly Income of $2,696 for a household of one.
  • Gross Monthly Income of $3,526 for a household of two.
  • Gross Monthly Income of $4,356 for a household of three.
  • Gross Monthly Income of $5,185 for a household of four.
  • Gross Monthly Income of $6,015 for a household of five.

This money is funded by the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, a federal workforce development and employment program emphasizing work, training and personal responsibility. It is temporary and has a primary focus on gaining self-sufficiency through employment. Existing TANF customers receiving Families First benefits will be eligible to apply for this emergency cash assistance.

This assistance is available in addition to any unemployment benefits individuals in the family may be receiving. Apply here.

Mental Health Resources

The entire world is facing unprecedented fear and uncertainty. Recommended social distancing protocols mean more people are feeling isolated than ever before. Metro Nashville, in partnership with Psych Hub, is sharing the below resources to help people build resilience and find ways to cope.

We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.

Persons in crisis should call the Mobile Crisis line at 615-726-0125, or the Crisis Center at 615-244-7444, or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255).

For more information about the Clinical Health Services offered by Metro Health, click here.

General Resources:

Resources for Youth:

Health care workers, including those on the front line of the pandemic and those providing behavioral health care, are also suffering mental health consequences. A recent survey found that, of 1,257 health care workers caring for COVID-19 patients in China, 71.5% report experiencing symptoms of psychological distress. Additionally, 50% showed symptoms of depression, 45% of anxiety, and 34% of insomnia. Health care providers in the United States are likely to suffer the same symptoms, so we hope to get ahead of that with these resources.

Resources for Health Care Providers:

Additional Resources:

American Psychological Association (APA): APA’s resources include articles, tip sheets, podcasts, and webinars to support the mental wellness of psychologists, health care professionals, and those in quarantine due to COVID-19. Learn more at

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP): AFSP’s resources are designed to help everyone to take care of their mental health and to reach out and stay connected to those who may be isolated and need the extra support. Learn more about AFSP’s resources on Mental Health and COVID19 by visiting

Columbia Psychiatry: Columbia Psychiatry resources include articles, mini-courses, podcasts, webinars and interviews to support the work and mental wellness of health care professionals, researchers, patients and those in quarantine due to COVID-19. Learn more at and

Mental Health America: Mental Health America provides guidance in numerous areas, including financial support, tools and information on anxiety, tools to connect with others, resources for immediate response, webinars, live events and workshops, for mental health providers, parents, caregivers, older adults, domestic violence survivors, the LGBTQ community, veterans, how-to articles, and general information about COVID-19. Find the comprehensive list at

National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): NAMI’s resources address FAQs regarding the intersection between the coronavirus and people affected by mental illness and their families and caregivers. Topics range from managing anxiety and social isolation to accessing health care and medications. Learn more at